Your day to day:
• Troubleshoots and resolves complex technical issues in the IPTV / VTV production environments, providing top notch support for our customers.
• Solves technical issues reported by the monitoring department (Front Office).
• Performs emergency recovery actions for components in the IPTV / VTV infrastructure.
• Captures logs and debug information from IPTV / VTV systems.
• Documents temporary and permanent fixes that were deployed.
• Develops custom scripts for the automation of certain operational tasks and service monitoring of the TV Distribution systems.
• Performs emergency configuration actions in order to solve issues raised after the deployment of changes or during incidents impacting the IPTV / VTV infrastructure.
• Coordinates and is involved during the implementation of high-risk changes including network upgrade activities, software upgrades and IPTV / VTV infrastructure parameter changes, maintaining the quality of service and avoiding platform dysfunctionalities.
• Implements preventive maintenance actions.
• Coordinates integration / acceptance testing for new network elements in the IPTV / VTV infrastructure.
• Regularly participates in internal and external training sessions in order to improve their technical skills.
• Trains the monitoring operators (1st Line) and new employees in TV Operations.
With these skills, you are a great candidate:
• Advanced Linux / Streaming / CDN technologies knowledge
• Advanced knowledge related to IPTV / OTT concepts and equipment.
• Proven ability to capture and analyse system / network traces (e.g. Wireshark, Fiddler, Charles)
• Full understanding of internet protocols like HTTP, RTP, RTCP, RTCP, RTMP, UDP, ARP, ICMP and CDN Technologies
• Knowledge related to micro-services based architecture and containerization (Docker, Kubernetes).
• Understanding of network security practices including the use of VPNs, ACLs and firewalls.
• Advanced communication skills, capability to work in a multi-national environment, advanced spoken/written English language knowledge.
• 2-3 years of experience in IT System Administration / Telecommunication area, 1-2 years of experience in operations and support of AV-Pipe / CDN platforms
• Technical studies: Faculty of Electronics, Telecommunications and Information Technology / Faculty of Automation and Computer Science.
Sounds like the perfect job? We’ve got even more to offer:
• In this pandemic period we have 100% work from home for your safety. After this pandemic period we have 2 days work from home per week!
• Medical and dental services.
• Life insurance.
• Dedicated employee phone subscription.
• Special discounts for gyms and retailers.
• Annual Company Bonus.
• Ongoing Education – we continuously invest in you to ensure you have everything needed to excel on the job and enhance your skills.
• You get to work with tried and trusted web-technology.
• Getting in on the ground floor of and technology changing company.
• Flexible Vacation – Take time off when you need it, we trust you!