2Checkout is looking for a DevOps Engineer to take ownership of the continuous build and deployment system that enables necessary checks and balances for configuration and release management in a PCI environment.
• The ideal candidate has prior experience in DevOps based applications and strives to solve traditional configuration, release and other operational processes through automation and software.
• Ideally one should be a good software developer with experience and knowledge on system administration.
• Prior PCI experience is a plus
• Take a holistic look of configuration and release management process across environments to help the creating a process for faster and successful deployments.
• Understand the current versioning, tagging and release methodology and come up with a release strategy ideal for the organization.
• Automate configuration management, deployment of product releases and provisioning of servers in development, QA, staging and production environments.
• Standardize application platform using Vagrant container running on VM environments.
• Replicate and maintain environments across all deployment stages.
• Work with development in modularizing the application to make it run as microservices
• Proactively and regularly communicate with Development teams to ensure that new and improved process works efficiently across different environments.
• 8+ years’ experience in development using PHP and DevOps Engineering
• Solid understanding of industry standard versioning, tagging and release methodologies for globally distributed organizations based on their needs
• Strong experience using virtualization software such as VMware, OpenStack, VirtualBox.
• Solid experience with Git versioning system
• Solid experience with automation and configuration management tools like JIRA, Jenkins, Ansible, build scripting using Ant/Maven and Gradle
• Solid experience with container technologies such as Docker, CoreOS, OpenStack
• Expert in scripting languages BASH and/or Python
• Solid experience developing, maintaining, and debugging applications built in PHP
• Experience with cache technologies (redis, memcached) and queue engines (RabbitMQ)
• Ability to communicate well with diverse international teams
• Experience working with distributed systems across different datacenters
• Experience in AWS Architecture is a plus
• Young, dynamic team and international work environment
• Attractive compensation package
• Flexible business hours
• Paid lunch everyday with your colleagues
• Private medical subscription