- Implementation, development and maintenance of web applications and backend services in a team of frontend and backend developers, software testers and requirements engineer/product owner
- Further development and maintenance of Java/Angular base micro services.
- If required: Collaboration in projects for the provision of new applications/products
- Maintenance: performance optimization, error analysis and correction
- Preparation of technical concepts
- 4+ years of hands on experience using Java and Spring Boot
- experience in Angular and creation of web components
- Knowledge in the creation of unit tests and interface services (JSON, XML, REST, Microservices)
- Knowledge of SQL databases (Oracle, Nuo-DB)
- Secure handling of CI systems like Teamcity, build and version control systems like Maven and Git
- Experience with container technologies , Kubernetes, Docker, Red Hat Openshift.
- Enthusiasm for new technologies
- Experience in agile methodologies
- Independent, autonomous and precise working method
- Very high level of responsibility and communication skills
- Pronounced DevOps thought and hands-on mentality
- Ability to work in a team, strong service mentality and communication skills
Join our Development Centre in Bucharest and become a member of our open-minded, progressive and professional team. In this role you will be working on projects for one our world famous clients. You will have a chance to grow your technical and soft skills, and build a thorough expertise of the industry of our client. On top of attractive salary and benefits package, Luxoft will invest into your professional training, and allow you to grow your professional career.
Overview - What is eFAC?
The Escalation Framework for Alerts and cases (eFAC) consists of 5 micro service modules, which can receive and process Alerts and escalate Alerts to a Case Management System.
The overall features of the eFAC Framework are:
- Manual Alert entry
Capture manual alerts entered by a user. The eFAC Solution provides for distinct alert types, a dedicated form to enter and submit the alert. The Framework will validate the alert and the user receives an error message, if the validation of the inserted data fails.
- Manual Alert forwarding of Upstream Alerts
Capture of alerts and cases from upstream systems. The Alert will be saved in the Open Alert queue, so that the user can manually enrich the alert data. The eFAC Solution provides for distinct alert types, a dedicated form to enrich and submit the alert. The Framework will validate the alert and the user receives an error message, if the validation of the inserted data fails. A user can only submit Alerts after successful validation. Submitted Alerts are automatically sent to the eFAC Dispatcher
- Automatic Alert forwarding of upstream Alerts
Capture of alerts and cases from upstream systems and secure forwarding to the appropriate case management system. The Framework will validate the alert and response with a technical error in case of invalid data. If no data issues are fond in the alert will be automatically dispatched to the targeted case management system.
The underlying eFAC principles are:
- A generic solution to escalate alerts and cases to the appropriate Case Management System
- Using a pure Microservice architecture with the demand of no Alert is getting lost:
- Provide a robust Alert-SDP definition for Germany, which takes the the goAML standard into account.
We kindly inform you that we will contact only chosen candidates. If you are interested in the above position, please apply by submitting your CV in English