At DB Schenker Global Business Services you are a partner of accounting excellence and supporting activities team. A team that is part of a global logistics network that connects the world. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Here, we encourage you to actively shape your career in a solid organization and take part in designing new traditions. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
- Analyzing complex financial reports and records;
- Reviewing journal entries of junior accountants to ensure accuracy;
- Performing variance analyses and preparing account reconciliations;
- Assisting with financial and tax audits;
- Documenting and monitoring internal controls in support of auditing team;
- Coordinating more complex accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the accounting and finance team or with other departments;
- Contributing to continuous improvement initiatives to optimize service quality;
- Being a member of the respective transition team to relocate accounting activities to Bucharest, when applicable.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in accounting;
- Degree in the field of accounting, finance, and economics is a plus;
- Previous experience in working with ERP, preferably SAP FI module;
- Good technical knowledge of MS office;
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Good attention to detail;
- Enthusiasm and commitment to delivering quality results to tight deadlines;
- Willing to collaborate within a team in order to achieve common goals;
- Self-motivation, quick learning, and creative thinking;
- Very good English language skills.
Take a look at the advantages that come together with this job:
- Competitive salary & benefits package;
- The possibility to choose your starting time (between 8 and 10 am), because we know that productivity times are different;
- Food first, right? You can use your meal tickets card to a variety of food places and supermarkets;
- For a larger portion of sport, we provide discounts to World Class and 7card;
- We care about how you feel, so you’ll have access to extensive private medical insurance and life insurance from the first day at SGBS;
- Did someone say birthday? For your special day, you will receive a cultural voucher that offers access to a variety of cultural activities, such as cinema, theatre, books, movie CDs, etc.;
- Trainings throughout your career evolution and a variety of projects that you can be involved in;
- Opportunity to shift your career across different departments;
- Activities that focus on creating a culture of comfort, happiness, and health (.: movie nights, cultural days, social responsibility initiatives).