The IT Department of Ubisoft is looking for a Linux Applications Administrator. You will manage and support a suite of in house developed tools and applications, ensuring the target availability of said environments and providing high-quality technical/functional support to internal clients.
• Administer and support a set of applications and tools in accordance with predefined objectives and SLAs
• Administer and support Linux server environment and optimize them for the In-House applications.
• Leads and participates in efforts to implement application updates to include upgrades, patches, and new releases
• Maintain optimal customer satisfaction levels
• Work with the development team to maximize service availability and advance the scope of support.
• The candidate shall monitor, update, and maintain existing legacy environment software systems interfaces to ensure that the interfaces exchange data properly and to support the current legacy environment.
• Process automation using Chef, Ansible, bash script, etc.
• Provide Level 1/2 application support on in house application.
• Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
• Create and maintain detailed technical documentation.
• Fully responsible for problem management activities such as issue resolution and root cause analysis
• Oversee application security.
• Stay informed of best practices and develop leading expertise in the firm’s technologies.
• Troubleshoot complex application system related issue
• Provide Level 2/3 Linux support for the application developer.
• Daily monitoring and maintenance activities
• Assist in the day-to-day operations of development team
• Collaborate with hardware, OS, DBA technical teams to ensure proper integration of the environment
• At least 2 to 5 years’ experience in administering critical applications;
• College or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science;
• Good written and oral knowledge of English;
• Good Knowledge of Linux Server (centos/red hat) is important.;
• Knowledge of basic Bash scripting is important;
• Knowledge and demonstrated troubleshooting abilities on connectivity issues due to firewall, load balancer, proxy, and others;
• Knowledge of high availability and fail over application system concept is an asset;
• Understands the workflow and process requirements of complex application systems.
• Knowledge of Zabbix monitoring tool, Chef, MongoDB, Elastic Stack (Kibana), web server (Nginx), SQL and NoSQL (MySQL, Redis, ElasticSearch), Python and Windows Server are considered a plus;
• Strong analytical skills;
• Ability to adapt and integrate rapidly;
• Good communication and interpersonal skills;
• Autonomous, but also the ability to work as part of a team;
• Excellent time-management and prioritization skills;
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
We want you to give your best, so we have a bonus system based on performance.
We look forward to your development, so there are various Training and Knowledge Sharing programs to choose from.
We are proud of our games and we would like you to feel the same way: you’ll have access to the internal games library, to goodies and games.
We want you to feel great at the office, so there are various utilities in UBISOFT building, such as a fully featured Gym, large Cafeteria, recreation rooms, bike rental service etc.
Since we value health you’ll have access to private medical system, and to the doctor on-site.
And, most of all, we guarantee you’ll enjoy our atmosphere and working environment!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.