Network operations center (NOC) technicians are in charge of monitoring critical network devices and services.
Troubleshooting is a daily task for a NOC technician. He works regularly with customers or its vendors and must be able to troubleshoot all problems that may arise.
Has the responsibility of monitoring and maintaining the network infrastructure and services. When the system malfunctions, the NOC technician initial troubleshoots the network devices and acts as a liaison link to the network operations team.
NOC Technician Responsibilities
- Eyes on glass - 24/7 network devices and services monitoring
- Single point of contact for all network-related issues
- Initial troubleshoot of network-related incidents
- Outage reporting and ticket management
- Perform daily operations on network devices and services
- Escalate problems to proper teams
- Provide direct customer support when required
- Create reports on key metrics
- Basic hands-on experience with Microsoft Windows Systems (basic windows server knowledge would be a plus)
- Basic networking knowledge routers, switches
- Team player with the ability to work well with a wide variety of personalities
- Basic knowledge of common network protocols such as BGP, EIGRP, FTP, SMTP, IMAP
- Basic knowledge of Linux/macOS operating systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills( both English and Romanian language are required)
- Strong client service orientation
- Availability to work in shifts (24/7)
- CCNA is a must