Role and Responsibilities
The Network System Engineer will be a member of our Global Infrastructure Network Operations Team. Will be responsible for network operations and infrastructure services for customers in the US and EU.
As a part of the Network Team, the candidate’s responsibilities will include day to day hands-on network operations management, service management including incident management, change management, participation in meetings, create and maintain documentation.
The working environment includes, but is not limited to: Cisco, Meraki or Juniper routers, switches, Cisco ASA/FTD firewalls, SD-WAN concepts, Citrix is a plus.
- Managing our client’s data centers infrastructure
- Configuring and administering routers and switches in a multi-vendor environment
- Configuring and administering firewall and ACLs
- Configuring and administering network monitoring tools
- Manage network services (DNS, email, IP address, logical architecture, etc.)
- Contributing to the design, implementation, and support of all network environments
- Supporting and troubleshooting switches, routers, firewalls, VPNs
- Building, monitoring, and maintaining high-volume, low-latency, distributed platforms
- Performing network-based security risk assessments
- Analyzing and optimizing performance in high-traffic applications and databases
- Assisting customers in troubleshooting and solving issues
- Developing a thorough understanding of our core products and how our customers (and their customers) interact with it
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience focused on Data Center network support, configuration, and implementation
- Minimum 3+ years of core switching, routing, MPLS, and FWs
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience in enterprise-level networking with knowledge in TCP/IP, Routing Protocols (OSPF and BGPv4, etc.), SMTP, and SNMP.
- Exposure to Cisco UCS platform and related switching configurations
- Experience in SD-WAN is a plus
- Networking and security architecture and engineering support experience across local, regional, and global domains
- Excellent overall understanding of Cisco products;
- Cloud experience is highly desirable - 1-2 years of hands-on experience with Cloud Technologies AWS or Azure (preferably both)
- Experience in implementing and supporting new technologies and understanding of associated business implications;
- On-call schedule and after-hour maintenance events are required from time to time;
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferably in computer engineering, systems, or related field
- CCIE, CCNP, or equivalent industry &/or business networking experience desired.