Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your Product:
The quality of Metro’s product and service offering is paramount in providing the differentiating factor between Metro and its competitors.
MQuality is a holistic Quality Management solution that ramps up the efficiency across all Metro trading offices, stores and head office entities, and MQuality team’s mission is to drive the OB QA to digitalized governance and standardized processes across all entities, while fostering the legal compliance and facilitating quick action in case of quality issues.
The product represents a technical platform which supports the quality-related business processes end-to-end from Own Brand product development, maintenance until the product is delisted. It is built on microservice architecture blended with process automation tools, running on Google cloud and ensuring availability 24*7. It interfaces with many other Metro internal systems in order to create an integrated and seamless experience for the business user.
Your new challenges:
As a Product Manager, you will be the essential link between the business owners and a dedicated agile team;
Working with us means that YOU are the mastermind who knows what will make the business prosper, what’s technically possible and how to make it happen, leveraging the team's capabilities.
Once you’ve got the right vision, you create your product strategy, draft a roadmap, set priorities and objectives and enable your agile team to make it happen, all of this at eye level with our customers.
You will be close to the business every step of the way, by driving the discovery process and facilitating feedback gathering with every opportunity (sprint demo, user testing, feedback sessions, etc).
You will also be close to the development team every day, by facilitating the solution design, writing the user stories and bringing clarity on them, providing them feedback and supporting the continuous improvement process.
Required key competencies and skills:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Product Manager or equivalent in Agile environments;
- Good understanding of the tech stack – ability to understand high-level architecture and solution design;
- Experience with end-to-end product life cycle - application dual-track (discovery&delivery) development process;
- Good Stakeholder management skills - ability to build credibility in relationships with stakeholders and team members;
- Excellent communication skills – ability to use effectively the most appropriate methods, tools and channels for the respective audience;
- Ability to guide the team to deliver valuable results even under uncertainty;
- Contributor mindset, motivated by co-operation;
- Basic Project Management skills - ability to track and balance effort/costs/resources with benefits & gains for our customers;
- Fluent in English both written and spoken;
Product Management DNA
- Pragmatically building the product vision and roadmap;
- Use experimentation techniques to validate assumptions;
- Continuous discovery focus, user-centricity;
- Prepared and willing to gracefully articulate a ‘No’ with the appropriate arguments;
- Be the expert on market trends & industry best practices;
- Maintain a critical perspective to drive revisions and extensions for existing products and solutions;
- Outcome-oriented goal setting skills - experience with OKR framework is a plus;
- Data-driven mindset - relies on metrics and concrete results to define success;
- Get the most out of the product team;
Our general Benefits:
- Work life-balance: flexible working time, work from home forever, celebrate your birthday with a free day;
- Personal growth: training in the area of soft, technical and business skills, free Bookster account, the opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies;
- Well-being: online sports activities, fitness centers discounts, health and life insurance, private pension, lunch tickets;
- Working mode: multicultural teams, agile environment.