Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department:
Our M|STOCK solution is Metro’s global stock leading system and single point of truth for all kinds of movement and inventory relevant data. We help customers to obtain real-time information about stock values for millions of articles from all possible internal and external locations (like stores, platforms, depots, internal and supplier warehouses).
Curious to get more information about the team, the product, or the tech stack?
Your new challenges:
Working on complex solutions based on scalable microservice architectures that allow us to process large data sets in real-time. You’re going to build the most advanced stock system on the market.
If you love solving hard data problems, working with great teams, functional programming, and building scalable software using modern technologies like Scala, Akka and Akka Http, ReactJS, Kafka, Cassandra, Spark, CI/CD based on Jenkins, Kubernetes and GitHub, we want to talk with you.
You’re a great fit:
- 2+ years of programming experience in Scala
- Experience working with Cassandra or other NoSQL database technologies
- Experience analyzing performance and tuning an application for scale
- Experience with Akka Http for Restful APIs, Akka Streams
- Experience with functional languages like Kotlin, Haskell or Clojure
- Experience with search technologies like Elasticsearch or Solr
- Familiar with Kafka
- Experience with React.js
- A significant track record of constantly learning new technologies
- Familiar with pair programming and continuous refactoring
- Education: bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics
- Strong communication abilities: being comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Mindset/Ways of working: have a systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive. Focused on lowering the mean time between having ideas and making stuff happen
- Agility: being familiar with agile and lean methodologies - the ability to break down big projects into small stories, prioritizing, adapting to change, and delivering the most value
Our general Benefits:
- Work life-balance: flexible working time, work from home forever, celebrate your birthday with a free day;
- Personal growth: trainings in the area of soft, technical and business skills, free Bookster account, opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies;
- Well-being: online sport activities, fitness centers discounts, health and life insurance, private pension, lunch tickets;
- Working mode: multicultural, self-organizing teams, agile environment.