Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department
MMS Bonus Systems is a business strategic application but in the same time it aims to achieve a state of the art from the technology point of view and to continuously evolve into this direction.
The multitenant microservice architecture serves 23 countries, each one with their own rules and particularities.
It combines new technologies as Springboot, React, Docker, Kubernetes with a very stable Oracle database, and it is ready every day to be reshaped in its best version for satisfying the user needs.
Your new challenges:
- As architect for our cloud infrastructure, you are setting the foundation and enable development teams to use the power of Google Cloud and other Cloud Native technologies
- You serve as a link between the engineers within your area and the architecture community
- You promote and implement the agreed standards, processes, and tools of METRO.digital within your area, while working towards improving them based on your experience and feedback
- As Technical Architect, you also advise product owners and domain/unit owners on technical vision and strategy
- You are constantly on the lookout for new inspiration to improve the architecture in and beyond your area of responsibility
You are a great fit:
- You have excellent understanding of technology stack and design to recommend appropriate software architecture and solutions to complex business problems
- You are able to translate the impact of architecture and design choices on non-functional requirements like scalability, performance, availability and security
- You have experience in software development, cloud infrastructure (e.g. Google Cloud Platform) and worked in a similar (architect) role
- You have experience and knowledge of relational databases
- You can discuss architecture principles and advocate them
- You are able to translate business requirements into technical frameworks
- You have a wide range of expertise that includes modern operations approaches (e.g. DevOps, SRE), API strategies, application monitoring, agile methodologies, software testing, Continuous Delivery, etc.
That's why it's worth getting started:
- You will have the ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, within a global, remote workforce
- You will be involved in all phases of software engineering, from conception over implementation to testing
- You will be part of an independent small team which develop customer-oriented services and applications and deploy them continuously. You will have a constant exchange of knowledge within your multidisciplinary team, including product manager, but also with your customers.
- You will work in an agile development environment and you will have the opportunity to use innovative and state of the art technologies
Our general Benefits:
- Work life-balance: flexible working time, work from home forever, celebrate your birthday with a free day;
- Personal growth: trainings in the area of soft, technical and business skills, free Bookster account, opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies;
- Well-being: online sport activities, fitness centers discounts, health and life insurance, private pension, lunch tickets;
- Working mode: multicultural, self-organizing teams, agile environment;