Today technology is driving the world. At METRO.digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food -METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 23 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem. We build the future of wholesale –we make METRO digital.
Purpose of your new department
Our Analytics and Data science Hub is a place, where analysts, data engineers and data scientists connect. It’s also here where we leverage data to innovate and make intelligent decisions. In your role you will be part of the Store Merchandising Domain and contribute to the development of the new applications used day by day in the stores all over the world to manage and trace the employee actions related to the merchandise and stocks.
Your new challenges:
We are building the newest and coolest product in METRO’s ecosystem that will be used by tens of thousands of employees, each and every day, for most of their activities inside a store and... we need your help. We want you to take the ‘what ifs’ out of business decisions, by extracting and analyzing information to ensure the right path is taken and, why not, you can actually test to see which outcomes would be more beneficial for the business.
We have data for you to play with – from each stock movement to each click done by an user in the app, from heatmaps to Analytics and from customer surveys to metrics and KPIs.
So, if you love data, like we do, join us and let’s poke data together.
You are a great fit:
- You can work collaboratively with various teams throughout the broader organization
- You have strong analytical skills and can think conceptually
- You can visualize data in an insightful way for the right audience with Google Data Studio, MicroStrategy, or other dashboarding platforms
- You can write SQL queries to fetch and filter the right data for the right questions
- You are excited about data analytics and science and can explain technical concepts to in an easy and understandable way to a non-technical audience
- You ideally have a background in the retail or e-commerce sectors
- You do not shy away from public speaking
- You have curiosity and passion to learn new tools and methods
- You are self-aware, positive, and strongly committed to customer orientation
- You can communicate in English fluently
- Python is a huge plus
Our general Benefits:
- Work life-balance: flexible working time, work from anywhere inside Romania, celebrate your birthday with a free day;
- Personal growth: trainings in the area of soft, technical and business skills, free Bookster account, opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies;
- Well-being: online sport activities, fitness centers discounts, health and life insurance, private pension, lunch tickets;
- Working mode: multicultural, self-organizing teams, agile environment.
Your point of contact: Monica Sirbu