Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From eCommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department
In Metro Main Cashier we offer support to main cashiers or supervisors in their daily tasks by replacing their manual work with automatically processes and offering a better monitoring of operations effectiveness via adequate screens and reports.
We are also making sure that the entire turnover is aggregated fulfilling the accounting criteria and the law and is sent to SAP system for upload.
The Main Cashier processes fulfil the main areas of excellence in helping the store saving cost, providing more effectiveness to the operations, being more customer friendly and legally compliant.
Your new challenges:
- You will become the domain solution expert working on system analyses and design
- You will manage existing functionalities and rollout new features
- You will deploy the application in different countries
- You will monitor complex development progress across several solutions
- You will monitor the usage of the solutions and establish needed actions
- You will prepare and offer product presentations and trainings
- You will look for creative ideas and present them to users and stakeholders
- You will analyze (also the interdependencies) and document the requirements in terms of detailed functional design, validate and verify with the stakeholders
- You will function independently and effectively in a self directed environment
You are a great fit:
- When your analytical skills are outstanding - you know how to ask the right questions and how to summarize everything in one picture
- When you have expertise in the checkout area as business analyst / project manager or similar (nice to have)
- When you have experience in managing stakeholders expectations
- When it is easy for you to manage and facilitate communication in a challenging and complex environment, you are a good listener with problem solving skills and critical thinking
- When you have university degree in IT or similar (mathematics, cybernetics) and also an economical (or accounting) background (nice to have),
- When you have work experience in Agile environments, building logical data models and use-cases
- When your communication in English is at advanced level in both oral and written
That's why it's worth getting started:
- We are a great team, passionate and engaged that likes working remotely
- We are building the future of retail – what we are developing today will become the future standard
- You’ll have lots of opportunities to grow and developed yourself
Our general Benefits:
- Work life-balance: flexible working time, work from home forever, celebrate your birthday with a free day;
- Personal growth: trainings in the area of soft, technical and business skills, free Bookster account, opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies;
- Well-being: online sport activities, fitness centers discounts, health and life insurance, private pension, lunch tickets;
- Working mode: multicultural, self-organizing teams, agile environment;