Do you love to break down complex information into easy-to-understand text? Do you have a passion for writing? Are you able to shift focus and tone according to different audiences? This is your chance!
As a Technical Writer for ORTEC’s solutions, you connect various intended readers within and outside ORTEC with these solutions. You understand how an interface benefits from written information to form a great user experience. You write content from the reader’s perspective, ensuring that its use case is relevant, its value is clear, and its complexity is simplified.
You will be part of the Product Information Delivery team. We are a thriving team, providing quality content at scale, working with advanced single-sourcing content development tools. Join a dedicated team of professionals, where cooperation, mutual respect and appreciation of our drives and passions come first, and our unique individual talents are used to help others and increase team performance. We offer flexible working hours and/or working part of the time from a flexible location such as your own home.
- Align with Product Management to assess which information our stakeholders will need.
- Participate in recurrent product development demo meetings to align your content with the developments of the product.
- Design workflows and develop content to serve our various target audiences, such as end users and application managers at customers, and consultants at ORTEC.
- Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts to improve your content.
- Migrate existing content adequately to world-class standards.
- Collaborate with UI-UX developers in enhancing application UI text for an optimal user experience.
- Work together with our team of technical writers to jointly drive best practices in content development and delivery processes.
- Proactively contribute to these processes, ensuring enhanced clarity and consistency of our activities across products and components. Pitch your ideas and your impact will be immediate!
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in an IT related, communications, or linguistic area.
- At least five years of experience in writing software documentation.
- Solid understanding of content creation processes, systems, tooling, and methodologies.
- Proficiency with content structuring via single-source authoring tools, preferably MadCap Flare.
- Excellent English writing, editing, proofreading, and content structuring skills.
- Well-organized, consistent working style, with strong attention to detail.
- Curiosity combined with social skills to gather information from software professionals.
- Intuitive understanding of the needs of various target audiences, and naturally driven to turn complex information into a cohesive narrative that is tailored to their needs.
- Authentic desire to refine your content by seeking user insights and feedback from a diversity of sources.
It’s a plus when you have:
- Coaching skills to train or advise authors in your expertise.
- Experience with APIs or API reference documents, and OpenAPI (Swagger).
- A background with multimedia authoring for eLearning environments.
- Experience with building smart capabilities to scale, including leveraging machine learning to automate content production.
What we offer:
- ORTEC is implementing a Work from Anywhere policy that combines the benefits from the past as well as the learnings from the present;
- Great opportunities to develop yourself (clear career paths, yearly evaluations and increases, job rotation program)
- Annual bonus based on team’s accomplishments – up to 1 full salary;
- Additional vacation days based on years at ORTEC;
- An open and friendly work environment with a great location, new and easy to access office building;
- Relaxation areas, daily fruits delivery, foosball table, our own bar the ”ORTap”
- On-site chair massage;
- Events: Annual teambuilding, Christmas party, monthly ORTEC Sports Day;
- Sports benefits offered in collaboration with the network 7card;
- “Bookster “subscription;
- Fun quizzes, cooking sessions, coffee calls with colleagues and much more creativity in this new world we are all adjusting to.