Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department:
Our Big Data solution breaks down data silos by bringing together information from all Metro Group systems into a single location: the Data Lake. It opens up data to innovative use cases via the power of modern data analytics tools available to every employee. Multiple highly scalable services work together to make this happen: from streaming data ingestion and real-time analytics to data preparation and data governance.
Curious to get more information about the team, the product, or the tech stack?
Your new challenges:
- Design, build and operate core components of our data platform enabling the product teams, data analysts and data scientists to autonomously iterate with and launch data processing jobs/models/reports into production
- Implement and maintain microservices and frameworks, from data ingestion to consumption, leveraging Google’s cloud computing platform. Such services may include, but are not limited to: batch and streaming ingestion, data governance services, data analytics & processing framework
- Advise, provide guidance and set standards for engineers, data scientists and data users on consumption of platform services, pipeline development, and data storage.
Required key competencies and qualifications:
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience working on backend software using modern languages and frameworks (Java, Scala, Python)
- Strong database experience (BigQuery, PostgreSQL, NoSQL)
- Experience designing, developing and deploying microservice-based applications
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices, craftsmanship of clean and efficient code
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with tools such as Apache Kafka, Google Dataflow, Apache Spark
- Knowledge of continuous integration & deployment tools e.g. Jenkins, Gradle, Maven, Docker, Kubernetes
- Have the ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, within a global, remote workforce
- Have strong interpersonal skills, intense curiosity, and an enthusiasm for solving difficult problems
- Enjoy staying ahead of with technology and continually strive to be better at your craft
- Advanced English language speaker
Our general Benefits:
- Work life-balance: flexible working time, work from home forever, celebrate your birthday with a free day;
- Personal growth: trainings in the area of soft, technical and business skills, free Bookster account, opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies;
- Well-being: online sport activities, fitness centers discounts, health and life insurance, private pension, lunch tickets;
- Working mode: multicultural, self-organizing teams, agile environment;