ING is the largest online bank in the whole of Europe and a frontrunner in the transformation of banking. At ING, we believe all sustainable progress is driven by people with the imagination and determination to improve their future and the futures of those around them.
Our story in Romania started in 1994. Here we pioneered the local banking industry, bringing new products and services for local corporate. In 2004, ING extended services to individual clients, with an innovative banking model – ING Self’Bank. Today, ING Romania has over 1,100,000 individual active clients and ING Home’Bank is rated as the best digital banking application.
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING.
We’re on a journey that’s centered around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people.
Sharing the purpose of empowering people to stay a step ahead in life and in business, since 2015, ING Tech Center develops banking solutions in the fields of Core Banking Development, Financial Markets and Data Management for ING Group, including ING Bank Romania. By using the latest methodologies in software development, our fast growing team gathers more than 500 tech enthusiasts who work for international projects that go beyond traditional banking.
Our operations touch many lives: customers, employees, shareholders, suppliers and society at large. Success will only be achieved if we act with integrity, balancing the rights and interests of all involved.
The Orange Code is our manifesto for how we stay true to our purpose and our tradition of reinvention and empowerment. It comes in two parts:
• We are honest - with our customers, with those who govern us, and with each other.
• We are prudent - we deal with other people’s money and financial information, and we honor the trust they place in us.
• We are responsible - we are mindful of the social and environmental impact of all that we do.
• You take it on and make it happen - every ING colleague is expected to step up, use their initiative and make things better.
• You help others to be successful - our people work together towards common goals, and treat each other as allies, not obstacles.
• You are always a step ahead – we encourage all colleagues to stay alert to new possibilities, challenge old ways, and bring change.
At ING, we know that the best moments are those created with passion and enthusiasm.
Inspiration comes from the projects that encourage us to preserve our authenticity, to act autonomously and always be one step ahead.
“We want to be a tech company with a banking license.” – Ralph Hamers, CEO ING Group
Information Technology (IT) is the lifeblood of ING. It is inextricably linked with every aspect of the bank and supports all of its internal and external processes. This far-reaching impact on our clients places IT at the cutting-edge of ING’s business. We invest heavily in our systems and applications, we implement the best IT solutions and we develop our own software, often using agile/scrum methodologies.
Complete focus on innovation
Within IT, innovation has our undivided attention. We are continually working to optimise pioneering, reliable and feasible technological solutions – with our customers’ interests as our top priority at all times. Innovation is fuelled by customer feedback on our services and applications, and is initiated by our community of Dev & Ops teams.