We're a local company, with local management and a different way of doing things. Our company culture is built on a set of values, a longterm vision to turn Iasi into a reputable tech hub, and a team of elephants who strive to learn more and do more every day.
A bit about you
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux) and data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js); Knowledge of isomorphic React is a plus.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs, GraphQL APIs and code versioning tools (git)
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Unit or automated testing using JEST or others
What you'll be doing
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Participate in technical planning & requirements gathering phases including Design, code, test, troubleshoot, and document engineering software applications.
- Ensuring that technical software development process is followed on the project, familiar with industry best practices for software development.
We're pioneering several projects using React, one of which is the open source peer review system by Hindawi. It's a fresh take on the existing, decades old system which allows researchers to get their work peer reviewed and published in scientific journals. As part of the Collaborative Knowledge Foundation, our goal is to replace current scholarly communication technologies with open, shared infrastructure.
Another project we're very passionate about is Ivory, an open source cloud & mobile app development platform we're launching soon. Ivory provides developers build-ready "Pods" or modules, filled with features that are required, but don't bring value, allowing them to focus on value-creating features.
This role will challenge and sharpen your engineering skills to ship code with demanding requirements in terms of scalability, availability and performance. Most importantly, you will be working arm in arm with a passionate group of people, in your team and across the organization, that strive to deliver a reliable and amazing experience to our customers. Happy customers mean happy us (and you).
Take a virtual tour of your future office
If you're curious where you'll be working, take a virtual tour of the Elephants' Museum. Get a glimpse of our life at the Museum on our Instagram page.
You can learn more about us and the projects we're working on here.