Areas of Specialty:
Java Software Design: The Java Development Engineer defines a technical solution based on business and technical requirements including User Interface Design with a concentration on User Centric Development
Java Software Development: The Java Development Engineer writes application code to meet the technical solution.
Java Software Design:
- Designs application components to meet the requirements of a business and documentation of the design
- Defines the integration strategy including rationale, integration environment requirements, and determines the product-component integration sequence
- Assesses and identifies mitigation for risks, including those related to high level design, integration, and data quality
- Participates in design reviews
- Contributes to the definition of development and SW standards to implement/reflect Bank's guidelines (naming conventions, encryption, and security settings) and ensures standards are adhered to.
- Ensures architectural changes (as defined by Architects) are implemented
- Provides Level 3 support for technical infrastructure components (i.e., databases, middleware and user interfaces)
- Contributes to root cause /problem analysis
Java Software Development:
- Develops source code, including descriptions, for all Software Components in accordance with Detailed Software Requirements specification, the functional design and the technical design document or backlog
- Participates and resolves findings in reviews (4 eyes principle) of developed source code
- Integrates software components following the groups integration strategy
- Verifies integrated software components by unit and integrated software testing according to the software test plan. Software test findings must be resolved
- Ensures that all code changes are tracked and recorded through the groups change management process and that development is scheduled and approved
- Develops methods to deploy Change Items (CIs) to the target environments
- Provides Release Deployments on non-Production Management controlled environments
- Capture Build and Deployment notes, develop Software Product Deployment & Operating Instructions
- Supports creation of Software Product Training Materials, Software Product User Guides, and Software Product Deployment Instructions
- Checks consistency of documents with the respective Software Product Release
- Performs technical change requests scheduled according to Release Management processes
- Fixes software defects/bugs
- Measures and analyzes code for quality
- Collaborates with Functional Analysts and technical Specialists to complete work, as required
- Develops mathematical calculations which perform to expected results and handle negative test case scenarios
Our customer is a top-tier investment bank with client assets of hundreds of billion globally.
Reason to join us
- We offer the opportunity to work in a highly professional environment where you will work with high-level financial instruments
- We want you to be part of our success story and give you reasons to be proud of what you achieved as part of our fabulous team
- We give you the opportunity to develop yourself and evolve in your career via our fantastic technical, business-related or soft skills training
- We encourage creative-thinking in our great open-minded work environment. Frequently the relaxation rooms are the place where the most ambitions ideas are born.
- We are not just professional teams, we are also friends that have fun working together
- If you are an active person and you feel motivated by the creation/development of the software solutions, then this is the place to be, you will not get bored.
Project will be developed from scratch and is used by a workflow platform to organize the worklist for middle office employees based on their skills.
Interactions will be mainly REST with a distributed architecture, cloud ready. UI will be developed to manage and create various rules.
Technologies are not yet set but we are talking mainly about Java, Kubernetes, Angular or React, Elastic Search (we are clients)
We kindly inform you that we will contact only chosen candidates. If you are interested in the above position, please apply by submitting your CV in English