Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department
Metro Signage Package is the in-store signage and labeling solution for METRO Cash & Carry. It implements automated processes to display promotional messages and product information on various media types, from classic paper labels & posters to digital displays & devices. It also provides tools for the commercial workers to customize the layout and the content.
Curious to get more information about the team, the product, or the tech stack?https://metro.digital/hubs/engineering-hub/
Your new challenges:
- Focus: As a full stack software engineer, you will develop both front end and back end micro services and you will be fully responsible for the entire application lifecycle. You will leverage the newest technology stacks.
- Holistic approach: As part of an agile development team you will be involved in all phases of software engineering, from inception to coding, testing, delivery, and operation. You enable a high degree of automation on every level.
- Customer feedback: As part of the team you constantly seek out feedback from users while developing new features and always keep the code base deployable to production.
- Continuous learning: You are willing to continuously develop yourself, eager to share your knowledge and take over responsibility, and have fun doing so.
You’re a great fit if you have/are:
- Good knowledge and hands-on experience with:
- NodeJS and ExpressJS
- “NoSQL” datastores like Cassandra
- version control systems like GIT and platforms like GitLab/GitHub
- software design patterns, web application and web services architectures, event driven architecture, RESTful APIs
- software engineering practices, craftsmanship of clean and efficient code
- unit testing, integration testing, component testing, CDC testing and end to end testing tools
- Good knowledge of:
- designing, developing and deploying microservice-based applications
- analyzing performance and tuning an application for scale
- running apps on Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Platforms and deploying through GitHub/Jenkins X
- monitoring apps with tools like DataDog
- Familiar with asynchronous messaging platforms like Kafka/RabbitMQ/Google Cloud PubSub
- Degree in computer science, physics, mathematics or equivalent
- Advanced English knowledge – writing, speaking and listening
- Strong communicator having exceptional verbal communication skills, open collaboration, and strong attention to detail
- Problem solver abilities, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive. Focused on lowering the mean time between having ideas and making stuff happen
- Familiar with agile and lean methodologies (break down big projects into small stories, prioritizing, adapting to change, and delivering the most value)
That's why it's worth getting started:
- You’ll be working with motivated people, that love creating products that our customers love
- You’ll be continuously growing both as an individual and as a professional, by learning on the job or from others or by accessing the training programs we have.
- You’ll have the opportunity to participate in various initiatives or working groups with the goal of enriching and streamlining our landscape.
Our general Benefits:
- Work life-balance: flexible working time, work from home forever, celebrate your birthday with a free day;
- Personal growth: trainings in the area of soft, technical and business skills, free Bookster account, opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies;
- Well-being: online sport activities, fitness centers discounts, health and life insurance, private pension, lunch tickets;
- Working mode: multicultural, self-organizing teams, agile environment.