Forming part of the Fintech Enablement team you will be responsible for helping drive Deutsche Banks strategy for technological excellence in expanding the firms offering leveraging varying Fintech partnership and solutions. A globally distributed team working on multiple concurrent projects, within the Fintech Enablement team there is a need for a senior developer working within our team to work across regional resources and help build and drive a unified technological and development strategy.
- Contributing to the build out of a core new business growth initiative.
- More widely, contributing to building a shared platform architecture and code base across Fintech Enablement applications allowing quicker time to market of new solutions.
- Full stack Java based development of both greenfield and existing applications within a cloud based high availability architecture.
- Assisting in the adoption of modern engineering practices and design principles across the Fintech Enablement team.
- Engaging with the business sponsors and business stakeholders to define and implement requirements to agreed timelines.
- Assisting in the adoption of Agile principles across the team
- Working with the wider team to manage key issues and stakeholders
- Partnering with QA and test managers to ensure quality solutions are delivered to end users
- Confidence and determination to challenge established ideas, tempered with a diplomatic and outcome-focused approach.
- Provision of Level 3 support
- Passion for UI web app development
- Experience with Java / Kotlin is a plus
- Practical experience with modern SDLC tools (e.g. Maven, Gradle), version control (e.g. Git) and continuous integration systems (e.g. Teamcity, Jenkins).
- Good experience in cloud based, distributed, highly available and fault tolerant applications.
- Experience working within the Fintech community (e.g. PSP) would be beneficial.
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- Basic knowledge of Linux
- Some experience in the finance industry and an understanding of finance industry products and business processes would be beneficial.
- Educated to Bachelor's degree level or equivalent qualification/relevant work experience, (a technology, science or business-related subject would be beneficial)
- Good written and spoken English
- Problem solving, ability to take ownership of a task until its completion, rather than simply coding
- Good communication skills
- Good team player, open to communicate and collaborate
- Eager to learn about new technology and gain new skills as required
- Attention to details, discipline
About Corporate Bank Technology
Corporate Banking is a technology centric business, with an increasing move to real-time processing, an increasing appetite from customers for integrated systems and access to supporting data. This means that technology is more important than ever for the business.
Our client is one of the few banks with the scale and network to compete aggressively in this space, and the breadth of investment in this area is unmatched by our peers. Joining the team is a unique opportunity to help rebuild the core of some of our most mission critical processing systems from the ground-up.
Our Corporate Bank Technology team is a global team of 3000 coders (and growing!) across 30 countries. The primary businesses that Corporate Bank support are Cash Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Trust & Agency Services. CB Technology support these businesses through CIO aligned teams and also by 'horizontals' such as Client Connectivity, Surveillance and Regulatory, Infrastructure, Architecture, Production, and Risk & Control.
About Our Engineers
Our Engineers work on a diverse range of solutions using cutting-edge technology every day, including our award-winning platforms like Autobahn, Fabric, Glue, and more.
Our Technology strategy is designed to build new revenue streams and develop innovative ideas which produce a new competitive advantage for the Bank, whilst also fixing our foundations and focusing on the importance of stability and risk management. Corporate Bank Technology understands the client's needs and has a robust strategy and innovative approach to deliver.
About the Team
Cloud Adoption & New Growth Technology: Cloud Adoption & New Growth Technology acts as the incubator providing the Corporate Bank with a dedicated team that capitalizes on the rapidly evolving technology industry and ultimately capturing additional market share for the firm. Agile teams with specialized skill sets (FinTech-like setup), defining core architectural principles, standardized tech stack with cloud as an enabler and focusing on MVP with go-to-market strategy.
FinTech Enablement: Within the Cloud Adoption & New Growth team, the FinTech enablement team consists of highly skilled specialists focused on the creation of new products and innovation to meet the evolving needs of FinTech clients, such as our innovative Request-to-Pay platform that uses APIs and open banking architecture to implement new payment products that helps our clients more efficiently transact with their customers.
We kindly inform you that we will contact only chosen candidates. If you are interested in the above position, please apply by submitting your CV in English