As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you're welcomed as your own perfectly unique self and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins!
Our Great Opportunity
We are now looking for a 5G Packet Core Solution Architect.
In this role, you will be translating customer needs, and technology opportunities into detailed technical offering, solutions, and proposals. Activities cover different areas including virtual Core Network Deployments and adjacent Cloud Deployment.
This role will enable you to become part of the Telecom Core team and to experience what it means to be in the front line to deliver the newest technology to operators. Currently, most of our projects have 5G Stand Alone/NFVi/Containerization exposure, along with the opportunity to develop automation skills (e.g. with Ansible/Python/Jenkins for those inclined towards coding). This is the environment you will be working in today, but you will also be among the first ones to have access to future technology advances.
The assignment is for some of the largest, most well known and most innovative telecom operators in Europe.
We encourage you to come along with us, craft the future, grow together and enjoy a great working environment.
- Work on scope, definition and design solution offerings; develop and drive end-to-end technical solutions for 5G networks;
- Analyze customer technology, define business requirements and participate in risk analysis;
- Work with core team on list of potential activities and solutions;
- Develop technical presentations and proposals, and perform customer presentations;
- Support deployment of solution;
- Work closely with R&D;
- Explore new technology/technical areas and grow within a team who shares knowledge and enables competence build;
- Bring your recommendations to the table when it comes to new implementations;
- Work together with the team and the customer.
To be successful in the role you must have
- 5G Stand Alone Packet Core application experience AMF (Access and Mobility Function), SMF (Session Management Function), UPF (User Plane Function) – Ericsson product knowledge would be an advantage;
- NFVi knowledge: Openstack/Docker/Kubernetes – Ericsson product knowledge would be an advantage;
- Understanding of 5G Stand Alone UDM (User Data Management): UDR (User Data Repository), AUSF (Authentication Server Function), NRF (Network Repository Function), NSSF (Network Slice Selection Function), NEF (Network Exposure Function), PCF (Policy Control Function)
- Previous experience with EPC/vEPC: S/P Gateway, MME, PCRF, EPDG – Ericsson product knowledge would be an advantage;
- Experience with Solution Architecture, HLD and LLD creation
- UDM understanding: HSS, CUDB or similar databases.
- Linux and networking knowledge.
- Consultative approach;
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Passion for improving, growth mentality;
- Pragmatic approach to various situations;
- Reliable team member;
- Availability for occasional short travel periods (in the future, when the international context makes it safe);
- Professional level of English.
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of fearless decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it! You won’t develop for the status quo but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, and where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where appreciation and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your chance to create an impact is endless!
Also, we are offering:
- Contract type: full time;
- 25 vacation days/year;
- Medical & life insurance;
- Career plan mentoring;
- In case of Business Travel: professional conditions & Global Travel Insurance;
- The option to work from home or from the office, depending on your needs and in line with company instructions;
- Safe working location: our office is the first ImmuneTM Certified Building in the world, for you to be safe when joining your colleagues;
- Remote work option: for those living in other locations outside Bucharest considering your seniority and your ability to be autonomous;
- Flexible benefits from your favorite brands available on flexible benefits portal;
- Internal learning platform always available to our teams, mentoring and on the job training, as well as internationally certified external courses;
- Part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams.
What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for the next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
Encouraging a diverse and inclusive organization is core to our values at Ericsson, that's why we nurture it in everything we do. We truly believe that by collaborating with people with different experiences we drive innovation, which is essential for our future growth. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our Ericsson team.
Ericsson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, learn more.
Primary country and city: Romania (RO) || Romania : Bucharest : Bucharest || Romania : Timisoara : Timisoara
Req ID: 669073