8x8, Inc. (NYSE:EGHT) communication solutions help businesses transform their customer and employee experience. With one system of engagement for cloud voice, video, collaboration and contact center and one system of intelligence on one cloud communications platform, businesses can now communicate faster and smarter to exceed the speed of customer expectations. For additional information, visit www.8x8.com, or follow 8x8 on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
8x8 is hiring a Senior Frontend Developer with WebRTC knowledge who will work at the intersection of 8x8’s Product, Operations, and Support teams.
You will work closely with our customers identifying quickest ways to get them integrated with callstats.io. In addition, you’ll work with our Sales and Product teams to improve callstats.io’s customer experience, i.e., engineer workflows on the dashboard that helps our customer answer end-user queries faster.
This is a key position in our team, working multidisciplinary across the Business and Product teams. The customers are distributed globally and the team is distributed between USA, Europe, and Southeast Asia.
You will closely collaborate with the product team to engineer solutions that will help us build better algorithms to detect call connectivity and call quality issues. This will require you to work closely with our users, both within 8x8 (deployment, onboarding, support teams) and our paying customers.
Examples of the types of work you’d be doing:
- Provide off the shelf solutions to prospects and integration support to callstats.io customers
- Assist Product to identify potential product issues that our internal and external stakeholders are facing
- Further engineer possible solutions
- Discuss as a customer oriented mindset and suggest a feature improvement based on customer interaction
Examples of product improvements you’d be doing:
- Own callstats.js and enhance it as the WebRTC APIs evolve
- Enhance Smart Connectivity Tests to narrow down if the problem is happening closer to the end user or on the 8x8 infrastructure
- Integrate callstats in new 8x8 offerings like 8x8 CPaaS
- Design new dashboards (frontend and backend APIs) for new personas
- Experience building WebRTC based applications (work or side/hobby project)
- Deep knowledge in networking protocols like IP, TCP, UDP, SIP, RTP, RTCP, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop and manage customer relationships with high profile accounts
- Self-starter attitude and the ability to work asynchronously in a remote team
Extra skills that we value:
- Extended experience in working with WebRTC API (1+ year(s))
- Reported bugs for a WebRTC code base
- Contributed code or documentation for an open source WebRTC codebase (e.g., Jitsi)
Working at 8x8:
- Industry leading, award winning technology and recognized on two Gartner Magic Quadrants
- Inclusive, supportive and collaborative culture yet with a winning mentality
- Encouragement and environment to make a difference
- Fun – check out our Instagram posts in the UK, Romania and the US, the smiles are real
- Deep passion for doing the best for our customers, giving them the best service and the best technology
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
We also provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. Learn more or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (Include “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line).
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.